We Partner with Families to Preserve Healthy Smiles, Support Prompt and Conservative Restorative Dentistry
We at Jepsen, Murphy & Associates Dental care for the mouths of patients across the age spectrum–from infants to seniors and all life phases and stages in between. Our dentists and team enjoy getting to know these family members as unique individuals. These relationships support trust and the true partnerships that promote healthy, attractive-looking smiles for a lifetime. Since these patients trust us and visit us as recommended, our team in Westminster, Colorado, has ample opportunity to maintain oral health and prevent the harmful oral conditions that lead to the need for restorative dentistry.
Our Approach to Restorative Dentistry
Conservative treatments are generally recommended to restore the health and structure of the teeth and oral tissues. Conservative restorations preserve the utmost natural tooth structure and natural tissues. Maintaining natural tissues helps to sustain oral health, esthetics, healthy function, and comfort.
We have highlighted restorative dental treatments, from most to least conservative:
- Tooth-colored fillings rebuild a portion of a tooth by filling the hole (cavity) caused by tooth decay. It may be appropriate for patients with smaller cavities.
- Dental crowns rebuild more sizeable areas of the tooth by replicating the appearance and structure of the natural white crown visible above the gum line. It may be suitable for patients with badly broken or decayed teeth.
- Dental bridges replace teeth extracted or lost due to severe decay, gum disease, or trauma.
- Traditional dentures replace several teeth (partial dentures) or all or most of the teeth in the upper and/or lower arches (complete dentures).
- Implants for tooth replacement may be used to stabilize or “root” everything from a crown to a denture in the underlying jaw. Each implant functions like a natural tooth root.
Of course, the teeth may not be the only tissues or structures that need restoring! Jepsen, Murphy & Associates Dental also offers a wide range of restorative procedures to resolve conditions that affect the health and function of the gums and maxillofacial tissues. You may need non-surgical or surgical periodontal therapies or tailored, multi-faceted treatment of TMJ symptoms affecting the jaw joints. As partners in the oral health of individuals and families throughout the Northglenn, Arvada, Boulder, and Thornton areas, we welcome your questions and concerns. Call (303) 800-6884 to schedule an appointment at our office in Westminster, Colorado, or click on the “Schedule Now” tab on this website.